Career Tips >> Browse Articles >> Career Resources

15 Most Ridiculous Ways to Lose Your Job

Zac Frank and Tania Khadder

Sometimes, a person will lose their job through no fault of their own. The whims of a psychotic boss, an economy in shambles, or a simple misunderstanding can have an otherwise satisfactory employee packing up his or her cubicle.

Other times, a person will lose their job because they have done something so incredibly foolish, you wonder how they ever got the job in the first place.

This article is about those people.

Begin Slideshow >>

• Photo_user_blank_big

powderpuff2364

almost 4 years ago

14 comments

Okay, so the article does show how some people violate "Good Sense", and, generally, act stupid. Why is it only WORKERS, who are profiled, here? I had a former manager, who, openly, stole, employees property, then insisted that his victims NOT report his actionsd, to the police, or they would be fired. This same manager then liked to pull the stunt of reporting workers as "absent", when up to 75 people SAW the worker, during the day, and interracted with the worker. When questioned, all the boss would say was "Whose in control, here? The workers, or me? If I say that a worker was NOT on-duty, and not present, then my word should be good enough, to dock pay". Yes, people, this DOES happen, everyday. Why not do this same type of article, on EMPLOYERS?

• Photo_user_blank_big

shandy

almost 4 years ago

426 comments

This is quite educative and interesting!

• Tublay__kapangan__kibungan_191_max50

metot

almost 4 years ago

174 comments

very bad

• Picture_001_max50

heidi1535

almost 4 years ago

2 comments

you gotta be kidding me - this country is no better than any other. I was sexaully assaulted by a cop and the DA charged me for it - GET A CLUE!!!

• Photo_user_blank_big

JerseyGirl726

almost 5 years ago

6 comments

I've lived in Florida since 1985 and I already knew poor Jim Piculas was fired for "witchcraft." This is downright scary. I'm a Christian, and I study the Bible (probably not as much as I should), and I know God takes a very dim view of witchcraft. But I don't see how any sane human being could classify this as "witchcraft." It's a lot of practice, coordination, and timing. Nothing REALLY "disappears."

• Photo_user_blank_big

redeemd

almost 5 years ago

4 comments

He was fired for doing a magic trick?! So, what are the Harry Potter books all about? There are actual spells in those books, and I'm sure the school has those books in their library. If they want to get wizardry out of the school system, chuck the HP books, not the slight-of-hand stricks.

• Photo_user_blank_big

redeemd

almost 5 years ago

4 comments

Moral of the story for #5 is be honest!! This employee was obviously stealing from his employer, since he received payment for work he did not do.

• Photo_user_blank_big

gholli

almost 5 years ago

2 comments

Did you have to call "Octo-Mom" a "...beast"??

• Photo_user_blank_big

KMGriffin

almost 5 years ago

2 comments

Good article, but felt that it was more appropriate for U-tube since the events were so bazaar. The comments were generally accurate to tell people to shape up, but a couple of them were a bit like telling people to go ahead and do these perverted, lazy, unlawful, or kindergarten stunts as long as you don't get caught. Teens and young adults, particularly, should understand that this stuff isn't funny, and you (Admin Secrets staff) shouldn't pretend that it is either. I agree with jtbthompson. This site should be promoting adult behavior for Administrators, not promoting juvenile stunts.

• Photo_user_blank_big

dorothylcain

almost 5 years ago

102 comments

A definite thumbs up! All of these were good stories to share with others. Believe it or not there are folks out there that believe they just cannot get fired for doing things like this. I am amazed at how nieve some folks are.

• Photo_user_blank_big

jtbthompson

almost 5 years ago

2 comments

I don't believe the comment about Bill O'Reilly and the very old video clip has any place on Admin Secrets. Let's stick to business and not opinions.

poundpuppy

• Photo_user_blank_big

debrab

almost 5 years ago

4 comments

Sorry, but no sympathy here for the victim of this. People need to use some common sense and consider the consequences of their actions. This case sounds crazily similiar to an elementary school recess "dare you". Too bad the young lady died, but I cannot see how the DJ's can remotely be blamed for this.

• Photo_user_blank_big

debrab

almost 5 years ago

4 comments

While that is gross, it's not at all surprising. I've worked in the food service industry for 15 years now. Some of the filthiest, nastiest slobs work in restaurants (fast food, casual dining, expensive); I've worked in all kinds of restaurants and seen all kinds of disgusting behaviors. I'm truly surprised more Americans don't come down with food poisoning; I've seen people go straight from sweeping the floor to making sandwiches for customers (no hand washing in sight). Even managers don't say anything when they see employees change gloves without washing their hands.

Adminsecret School Finder

Save time in your search for a degree program. Use AdminSecret's School Finder to locate schools online and in your area.

Get Info

Recent Activity

Photo_user_blank_big
warretuba1970 submitted the article: "4912 Medarot Ds Kuwagata Ver", less than a minute ago.
Photo_user_blank_big
dukel submitted the article: "Reliable Site To Order Acyclovir, Online Acyclovir No Pre...", less than a minute ago.
Photo_user_blank_big
Monster commented on: "(uu) Stream X/Y (2014) Watch Free Movie DVD '*nowvide...", less than a minute ago.
Photo_user_blank_big
aretafut1974 submitted the article: "Convert Windows Media Player To Mp3 Free Download", less than a minute ago.
Photo_user_blank_big
sawerum3d submitted the article: "Keflex for sale in USA, Where to get Keflex online withou...", less than a minute ago.