How to Insert 0 Before Any Number in Excel
Have you ever tried to insert 0 before sequel of numbers in Excel? You think that what’s the use of appending 0 before sequel of numbers because in mathematics 123 is same as 0123 but there are some areas where these two numbers are treated as different number. As in banks, if you have an account, definitely you have an account no. account no. is an entity which distinguishes you from all others so it must be unique to identify you. For example account no. 123 is different from 0123. Both the account no. belongs to two different persons, if you write 0123 in the cell of excel sheet, 0 will be automatically removed as we move to the next cell.
We can’t ignore zero as you know how it is important to us. You can add zero before any number by performing the following steps:
1. Open the MS Excel worksheet.
2. Write the number in the cell before you want to add zero.
3. Right click the mouse in the cell, select Format Cells… option. Format Cells window will be displayed.
4. Select the Numbers tab from the window then click Custom option from the left Category: section.
5. Select 0 option from the Type section.
6. Type the no. of zeroes as many as your number contains digit. For example, your number is 12345, so now you need to enter five zeros after the selected 0 in the type section i.e. 000000.
7. Click OK. The number of zeros entered by you will be converted to digits and the result would be 012345.
MS excel file which contain transaction records, amount payable, amount receivable, inventory control records gets corrupt due to virus attacks, hardware malfunction, improper system shutdown, error in the disk, power failure and many more. To repair excel file and recover formulas, images, charts, clip art, flow charts, text, worksheets and workbooks stored in excel file, excel recovery software must be employed. To repair corrupt excel files, several excel repair software are available in market, which help you to recover important data from corrupt excel files. RecoveryFix for Excel is one such tool to repair corrupt excel file. For more information visit http://www.repairexcelfile.net
Back to more Microsoft Excel Help
About the Author:
This article is provided by Chily Softech – imminent provider of professional Excel recovery software.